WHAT IS MOPS?
Be You Bravely and Flourish!
Motherhood takes bravery, and who better to share this season of life with than your friends at CrossRidge MOPS? We are so excited to grow together and learn about developing our mothering styles.
While we are enjoying fellowship, guidance, support and encouraging speakers in our MOPS meetings, our children will be enjoying an age-appropriate Bible lesson, craft time, play time and snacks with our dedicated enthusiastic MOPPETS teachers.
There are more than 3900 MOPS groups meetings across the United States and in 35 countries around the world. MOPS groups meet regularly to celebrate the joys of motherhood, meet the needs of mothers, make connections, experience God's love, and encourage each other through the challenges.
The MOPS program is built on several foundational principals:
- Community: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
- Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, as well as for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS.
The above principles can be carried out through different aspects of a MOPS group:
- Discussion: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- Teaching: Topics presented at MOPS meetings celebrate motherhood and meet a mom’s unique needs during this season of life.
- Creative Activities: Through creative projects and presentations, women are encouraged to experience the sense of accomplishment that comes with trying and finishing new things.
- MOPPETS: During most MOPS meetings, children are cared for in a program called MOPPETS, where they experience love in a preschool-like setting.
If you are not in the Little Elm area but are interested in joining your local MOPS group, click here
to search the national MOPS directory to find a group near you!
For more information from MOPS International, visit www.mops.org.
WHAT IS MOPPETS?
The MOPPETS program is designed for children from birth to 5 years of age who accompany their moms during MOPS meetings.
As with all preschool opportunities at CrossRidge Church, our teaching staff is dedicated to positive learning experiences in a warm loving Christian environment. Our goal for each child is to feel that they are loved and very special. During our learning time, children will enjoy an age-appropriate Bible lesson, craft time, play time and snacks with our dedicated and enthusiastic MOPPETS teachers.